Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between turmeric powder and curcumin (turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄)?
Curcumin is a naturally-occurring chemical compound found in the spice turmeric. Whereas, turmeric is the root of a plant which is scientifically known as Curcuma Longa where curcumin gets its name from. Hence, turmeric powder is where you take the stem, or the rhizome of the plant and ground it into powder. Curcumin is extracted from the dried root of the rhizome Curcuma Longa. The curcuminoids complex found in the rhizome of turmeric contains only 2.5% to 5% curcumin.
2. What is the difference in usage between turmeric powder and curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄)?
Turmeric powder is mainly used as a spice for cooking, natural dye for cosmetic product or additives in medicines, etc. Hence, it can be consumed orally or for external used.
As mentioned that curcumin is a naturally-occurring compound found in the spice turmeric. It possesses antioxidant, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory properties, and also widely used for healthcare purposes.
3. What are the level of nutrients contain in ground turmeric powder or in the form of pill versus curcumin extract?
Turmeric rhizome contains about 2% to 5% of curcumin. Hence, in pill/powder form, it contains relatively small amount of curcumin as compare to concentrated curcumin extract.
4. What is the difference in properties between turmeric and curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄)?
Turmeric powder has a mild spicy fragrance and a mixed taste of citrus and ginger which is slightly spicy and bitter.
Curcumin is a substance with high stability and a strong coloration. It will exhibit different colours when the PH level is different. It has a lighter taste as compared to turmeric powder.
5. What are the benefits for men when they consume curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄)?
It helps to boost male regenerative system, increase testosterone hormone level, may reduce the risk of heart infections, restore lung sickness, may reduce the risk of spread of malignant cells and may reduce the risk of diabetes.
6. What are the benefits for women when they consume curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄)?
It helps to reduce the risk of irregular menstruation, increase estragon hormone level, regulating endocrine and detoxification and maintain skin and helps to reduce risk age spots.
7. Can a child consume curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄)?
There is no age limit to consume curcumin. Please consult us or your health practitioner for advise.
8. Is Curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄) vegan-friendly?
Curcumin is 100% extracted from turmeric plant. Hence, it is suitable for vegetarian.
9. Can I consume curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄) while taking a prescribed medication?
Studies have shown that when you consume nano curcumin, it will be absorbed into every parts of the body in about 20 minutes, reaches its highest absorption rate in about 30 minutes and will begin to decline gradually subsequently. Hence, it is recommended to consume nano curcumin 1 hour before or after taking your medications.
10. Can I consume curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄) during confinement period and breast-feeding period?
You are encouraged to take curcumin during the confinement period as curcumin helps invigorate the blood circulation, expel lochia discharge and raising prolactin levels. In addition, curcumin possesses anti-depressant effect which helps in postpartum women.
11. Can curcumin(turmeric extract- Curcuma Longa- 姜黄) be consumed during menstrual period?
In fact, menstrual women are encouraged to consume curcumin as it helps to reduce the risk menstrual pain. Curcumin possesses property that promotes blood circulation. However, those who have excessive menses should avoid taking curcumin during menstrual period.